Now Hiring: Employment Facilitator – Steps 2 Employment
Where Ability Meets Opportunity
At EmployAbilities, it is our mission to provide specialized services to individuals with disabilities or barriers to employment by creating opportunities for skill development, education, and employment.
We envision an inclusive society where all people are valued, respected, and have the opportunity to work to their full potential.
Since 1974, we have served people with disabilities, barriers to employment, and employers, and acted as a voice of community advocacy. Experience and passion have fueled our leadership in developing programs, services, and resources that increase the economic participation and empowerment of people with disabilities and individuals with barriers to employment. Our services are not about entitlement or compromise, but inclusion and opportunity.
Employment Facilitator – Steps 2 Employment
EmployAbilities is currently filling 3 full time positions for a new exciting project called Steps 2 Employment. This 2 year project is being offered in Edmonton and surrounding areas. Steps 2 Employment is an ONLINE training and Workforce Development project designed to assist job seekers to connect or reconnect to the workforce with a focus on building the virtual skills needed in today’s digital focused labour market. The Employment Facilitators will work remotely from home and be provided with required technology & access to agency supports.
- Model and promote the Agency values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, integrity and inclusiveness.
- Conduct initial client needs assessment to determine essential skills, transferable skills as well as skill level with virtual services, technological equipment needs and develop individual Service Plans
- Arrange for loan of laptops, other devices, installation of internet services, complete paperwork and provide one to one orientation to the equipment for each client so that they are ready to participate in virtual training.
- Prepare and deliver a variety of one-on-one and group workshops in a virtual environment to prepare clients to explore, secure and maintain employment.
- Utilize career development theory, techniques and methodologies to help individuals identify realistic and meaningful career goals.
- Conduct one-to-one employment counseling to enhance client’s self-sufficiency and to promote labour readiness.
- Discuss clients’ barriers to employment and develop workable solutions to minimize these barriers.
- Research and develop employer and industry relationships to build understanding of local labour market conditions including available positions, required qualifications and advancement opportunities.
- Solicit and coordinate job placements with employers including negotiating Work Exposure Contracts and Job Maintenance.
Conduct employer follow-up, including telephone contact, work site visits, monitor reports and job coaching.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work, Rehabilitation, Social Sciences, Special Education or sufficient experience in a field related to Rehabilitation, Personnel or Career Development.
- Previous experience in intake and assessment, case management, facilitation, employment counselling and/or employment development is preferred.
- Previous experience working with persons with disabilities, barriers to employment or other at-risk populations
- Skilled and comfortable with setting up clients with technology and expert at breaking down tasks and procedures to provide clarity using a virtual platform.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office computer software and reliable internet.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle preferred
- Fully immunized against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine
Why Join the Team
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, as well as a company culture that values collaboration, innovation, inclusion, compassion, and integrity.
We provide an inclusive workplace with a highly engaged team that collaborates, supports, recognizes, and celebrates each others’ differences.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package with RRSP matching, a professional development allowance, fifteen (15) paid personal days, telework as appropriate, and many additional perks.
What Our Employees Have to Say
“I love my job and seeing how big of a difference we can make in people’s lives. I also am really thankful to have coworkers that genuinely care about one another and support each other.”
“Not only does EmployAbilities have good values, it demonstrates those values to clients and staff. It is the best environment that I have worked in, where my input is valued and all people are respected. EmployAbilities walks the talk.”
“I am finally doing what I have always wanted to do as a career. I love the fact I am helping change people’s lives one person at a time.”
“I love EmployAbilities, I’ve been here a long time because I still get excited when I tell people about EmployAbilities. I feel awesome about the work we do.”
How to Apply
Please submit your complete resume and cover letter as one document (in Word or PDF format) to: Susan Sibley- firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, indicate Steps 2 Employment Facilitator.
The deadline for submission is April 4, 2022.
EmployAbilities is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in our workforce and in our organizational practices. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
If you require accommodations at any time during the recruitment phase include that information in your application.